Effective November 1, 2018 through February 1, 2019, we will accept Open Enrollment applications for the 2019-20 school year. Open Enrollment students will be offered placement subject to excess capacity (school, grade level, program and or services). If the number of student applications exceeds capacity limitations, a random lottery selection will be made on the enrollment priorities set out in policy JFB – Open Enrollment. Applications received after the February 1st deadline will not be included in the random lottery selection process; however, placement may still be offered.
We anticipate we will have capacity for Open Enrollment in all of our schools. Some of our schools may only have limited capacity in a particular grade, class program and in some of the special services we offer.
Tanque Verde High School (9th –12th grade)
Emily Gray Junior High School (7th-8th grade)
Agua Caliente Elementary School (Kinder – 6th grade)
Tanque Verde Elementary School (Kinder – 6th grade)
Before starting the application process, please make sure you have all the required documents you may need to complete the application. Our application system does not allow one to save and return to the application to complete at a later date or time. Application submission is not permitted if the required documents are not included.
Depending on your student, and the grade level you are requesting placement, you may need the following required documents:
Students applying to attend Tanque Verde high school, required documents:
• 9th grade placement: a current report card
• 10th- 12th grade placement: a current transcript
Students (K-12th grade) who require services, additional documents are required:
• IEP (Individualized Educational Plan) for the student
Students (K-12th grade) who require accommodations, additional documents are required:
• 504 Plan for the student
Elementary School Open Enrollment:
When completing the application, please select your ‘first choice’ school - only ONE application per student. (Duplicate applications will not be considered.)
If we are unable to offer your student placement at your ‘first choice’ school we will research to see if capacity is available at the other elementary school, and contact you. This way you will have an opportunity to be considered for placement at both elementary schools.
Families applying for Kindergarten placement are encouraged to attend Kinder Round-Up. Following are the dates, time and point of contact at each of our elementary schools. Please call to reserve a spot.
Kinder Round-Up at Tanque Verde Elementary School (TVES)
January 23rd from 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Please contact: Ms. Sue Edwards #749-4244 x 3001
Kinder Round-Up at Agua Caliente Elementary School (ACES)
January 30th from 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Please contact: Ms. Kim Hoeger #749-2235 x 2001
• Open Enrollment admission is determined on a year-to year basis.
• There is no guarantee of continued Open Enrollment placement; students are subject to school, grade level, service capacity and program limitations.
• Students who are currently enrolled, and attending Tanque Verde schools through open enrollment, please DO NOT reapply for open enrollment.
• Students are required to remain in compliance with all TVUSD Open Enrollment standards and policies.
Notification- Parents or legal guardians will be notified mid to late February:
• If approved, Open Enrollment families will receive a phone call and a follow-up letter with details about next steps.
• If not approved, Open Enrollment families will receive a letter stating their student has been placed on a waiting list.
• Families of students who are currently enrolled, and attending Tanque Verde schools through open enrollment, shall be notified in writing on or before the end of March if their student will not be readmitted as an Open Enrollment student for the next school year.
Transportation of an Open Enrollment student:
The transportation of an open enrollment student is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian may be able to use existing TVUSD transportation routes, subject to restrictions and limitations set out in Governing Board Policy JFB - Open Enrollment.
If you have questions, please contact Judy Bower at 520-749-5751 x 4105.
We've had reports from people who are using Internet Explorer as their browser who have experienced problems. If possible, please use a different browser, such as Chrome or FireFox.
Once you've completed the application you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the email confirmation within 10 minutes, please call the number listed above to confirm the application was received.
To apply for Open Enrollment for the 2019-20 school year, please click on the link below: