Hello, my name is Mrs. Shelton and I am the Emily Gray School Counselor. My goal is to help each student reach their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally. My door is always open. Students may see me for any reason anytime. On this website, you will find the following resources: links to common issues, the EGJH bully report form, wellness information and general information to help navigate through Junior High.
Confidentiality: what is said in my office; stays in my office.....unless harm to self or others is expressed.
- Help students with academic, social and emotional situations
- Monitor grades, interim reports, promotions and retentions
- Oversee state standardized testing
- Create master schedule & student schedules
- Implement and monitor 504 plans
- Coordinate student wellness activities and special activities
- Liason for home schooling, online classes & course recovery
- Deal with difficult topics: anxiety, depression, grief, divorce, traumatic events, drug/alcohol issues, and student disabilities
School Counselor Mission
Professional school counselors design and deliver comprehensive school counseling programs that promote student achievement. These programs are comprehensive in scope, preventative in design and developmental in nature" ASCA, 2005