Emily Gray begins 4-day in-person instruction on Monday, March 22nd
- Beginning 4th quarter, March 22nd, Cohort A and B will be combined so that all in person students attend Monday-Thursday.
We will have two cohorts: in person learning and online learning. All Students whether in person or online will attend school everyday Monday-Thursday following the same schedule.
- Cohort C (online students) will attend Monday-Thursday via Google Meet according to the times on the published schedule.
- All students are expected to be in class at the scheduled time whether in person or online. Attendance will be taken each period and students will be marked absent if they are not in class.
- Online students must have a working camera and microphone, and are expected to remain on the Google Meet for the duration of the class or until dismissed by the teacher.
- When commenting in the chat, all students should remain respectful and the content or questions should be relevant to the class discussion.
- All Students should utilize the teacher office hours each afternoon and Friday morning as needed or as invited by your teachers. Students please remember you are the ultimate leader of your own learning.
- All in-person students will follow health and safety protocols which include the three W’s: Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth, walk & stand 6ft apart when possible, wash hands for 20 seconds.
- Students should continue to check StudentVUE two to three times a week to stay apprised of their grades. Students should check email and Google Classroom daily.
- Teachers will teach synchronously 4 days per week. This means students will see teachers online or in person Monday-Thursday.
- Each meet will include a structured lesson or activity based on learning targets.
- Teachers will keep the chat on as appropriate for online students to participate in questions and comments.
- Teachers are expected to take attendance at the beginning of class.
- Teachers will hold regular consistent office hours Monday-Thursday afternoons and Friday 9:00-11:00. This includes small group, tutoring or conference time.
- Teachers will be using Google Classroom & Edgenuity as the central launching points for all learning. In most cases, directions are posted in Google Classroom.
- Teachers will post grades in a timely fashion for students to track progress.
- Teachers will notify Students and Parents in the event of class grade of D or F.
- Teachers will respond to student/parent communication within 1-2 business days.
- All staff will follow health and safety protocols which include the three W’s: Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth, walk & stand 6ft apart when possible, wash hands for 20 seconds.
- Parents will pick up materials (Subject Notebooks, reading material, worksheets, etc) within a week for students who are working from home.
- Parents to the best of your ability, please make sure students are attending all of their classes during their assigned time.
- Parents, please try to avoid travel or other activities that will impact a student's ability to attend and participate in school. If your student needs to be absent (in person or online) for any reason, please call (520) 749-3838 and choose option 2 for the attendance line.
- Parents will create a learning environment at home that supports attending school, doing the work and having the supplies needed to help students be successful. If any of these are issues, please contact us for help/resources.
- Parents should have been added to Google Classroom to receive weekly progress reports, check Google Classroom for Weekly Agendas and posted assignments. If you are not receiving the progress reports or have not been added to Google Classroom, please contact Mrs. Shelton.
- Parents, please check grades regularly on ParentVUE and assignments on Google Classroom/Edgenuity. Missing assignments and grades should be checked on ParentVUE/StudentVUE for best accuracy. If you or your student are confused, please email the teacher directly. If you are having difficulties with ParentVUE/StudentVUE, please contact Sam Baires in the front office by phone (520) 749-3838 or email.
- Parents will support health and safety protocols by keeping students at home if they are demonstrating any signs of illness. Also, parents are expected to pick students up within one hour of being contacted by the school nurse.