Welcome to the Emily Gray
Health Office Hours:
CLOSED for the Summer
Phone: 520.749.3838 x 5003
Option number 3 on phone tree
What Do School Nurses Do?
- Monitor the health and wellness of students
- Care for injured students & those who become ill at school
- Safely and competently administer medications
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol), Ibuprofen (Motrin), Calcium Carbonate (Tums) & Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) available on an as needed basis with parent/guardian permission
- Perform hearing and vision screenings in accordance with the state of Arizona
- Maintain immunization compliance per the state of Arizona
- Respond to medical emergencies
- Collaborate with teachers and families regarding special medical accommodations for students
- The state of Arizona requires students to have proof of immunizations on file no later than 30 days after the school year has started
- A medical, religious beliefs or personal beliefs exemption form can be filled out and returned to the health office. These forms are available to download to the right of this page
- All prescription medications are required to have the pharmacy label attached indicating: patient name, medication name & strength, dosing instructions, and expiration dates.
- If a student will be self-carrying an EpiPen OR rescue inhaler the health office MUST have a note on file from the student's doctor with permission to self-carry these medications on campus. This letter is required to be updated every school year.
- Alternatively, these medications can be kept in the health office and administered as needed.
- Every child who is enrolled in preschool, kindergarten, and grades: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 receive hearing screenings
- Children who do not pass their first screening are re-screened within 10 days from the initial screen and no later than 30 days from the initial screen
- If a child does not pass either screening a phone call or letter will be mailed home to notify parents/guardians
- Parents have the right to refuse a hearing screening but this must be done in writing and provided to the health office.
Have an amazing summer Bobcats!