Welcome to the Tanque Verde Unified School District Open Enrollment application system. We appreciate your interest in the TVUSD and hope the following information helps answer some of your questions.
Starting November 1st through February 1st, we will accept Open Enrollment applications for the 2020-21 school year. We anticipate we will have capacity for Open Enrollment in ALL of our schools. Some of our schools may only have limited capacity in a particular grade, class program and in some of the special services we offer.
Open Enrolllment students will be offered placement subject to excess capacity (school, grade level, program and or services). If the number of applications exceeds capacity limitations, a random lottery selection will be made based on the enrollment priorities set out in policy JFB - Open Enrollment.
- Open Enrollment admission is determined on a year-to-year basis.
- There is no guarantee of continued Open Enrollment placement; students are subject to school, grade level, service capacity and program limitations.
- Students who are currently enrolled, and attending Tanque Verde Schools through Open Enrollment, please DO NOT reapply for open enrollment.
- Students are required to remain in compliance with all TVUSD Open Enrollment standards and policies.
- Parents/Legal guardians will be notified mid to late February.
- The initial contact to families being offered placement will be a phone call and a follow-up letter with details about next steps.
- If not approved for placement, families will receive a letter stating their student has been placed on a waiting list.
Transportation of an Open Enrollment student:
The transportation of an open enrollment student is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian may be able to use existing TVUSD transportation routes, subject to restrictions and limitations set out in Governing Board Policy JFB - Open Enrollment.
Applications received after the February 1 deadline
Will not be included in the random lottery selection process; however, placement may still be offered.
If you have questions, please contact Judy Bower at 520-749-5751 x 4105