Road Construction Notice – Updated
The Tanque Verde Unified School District was provided with information that the resurfacing project on Tanque Verde Rd. between Tanque Verde Loop Rd. and Wentworth Rd. will occur from Monday, October 2nd to October 20, 2017, to include the following active roadwork periods:
Monday, October 2nd – Friday, October 6th, from 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Removal of pavement markings, crack sealing, patching, other preliminary work
Monday, October 9th – Friday, October 13th, from 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Application of surface treatment, restriping of road, addition of pavement markings
This section of roadway involves access to Emily Gray Jr. High School (EGJH), Tanque Verde Elementary School (TVES) and TVUSD Transportation. We DO anticipate delays to bus routes and parent drop-off and pick-up throughout the district.
You can help relieve the anticipated traffic congestion with the following actions:
- Utilize the EGJH student drop-off loop located behind the district office on Tanque Verde Loop Rd., and approach via Speedway Blvd/Tanque Verde Loop Rd.
- Utilize Broadway Blvd. or Speedway Blvd. to Wentworth Rd. as an alternative route to TVES.
- Utilize the school bus if there is a pickup in your neighborhood. Bus routes are posted on the district website. *If you are not a prior bus rider, please contact Transportation to make arrangements in advance. A green transportation card is required.
Bus Riders - Please follow the regular bus route schedules and anticipate that buses may be delayed at both pick-up and drop-off locations. Students should still arrive 5 minutes before scheduled stops.
Pima County Department of Transportation (PDOT) is now scheduling their work to coincide with TVUSD's Fall Break (October 9-13). We will provide any further updates as they become available.
Thank you for your patience during the PDOT construction project. Please continue to exercise extreme caution and watch for students, pedestrian and bicycle traffic in the construction area.
September 22nd notice: