School District Profile
Tanque Verde has long been recognized as an exemplary school district, with excelling, highly rated schools and an overall district grade of “A” as determined by the Arizona Department of Education (2022). With the addition of a comprehensive 9-12 high school in 2005, the District now serves approximately 2,200 students at four school sites, comprised of two K-6 elementary schools, one 7-8 junior high school, and one 9-12 high school. The Tanque Verde Community Preschool was founded at Tanque Verde Elementary School in 2019, making TVES a PreK-6 grade school.
The success of the District is attributed to a highly supportive community, and an accomplished, dedicated and caring staff of over 280 employees who work to provide the highest quality education and support services to all District students. The District endeavors to create pathways to success for all students and to ensure effective communication, collaboration, school partnerships and facilities that provide a safe and supportive environment for students and staff members. The Governing Board and District Goals are guided by the following District Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles.
Vision: Equip graduates for mastery, founded upon excellence and integrity. Mission: Provide an academic environment where respect, high expectations, collaboration, and continuous process improvement develop a civic-minded student capable of mastery of any challenge.
Vision: Equip graduates for mastery, founded upon excellence and integrity.
Mission: Provide an academic environment where respect, high expectations, collaboration, and continuous process improvement develop a civic-minded student capable of mastery of any challenge.
- Do Your Best - even when no one else is looking
- Be Present - be aware of people on the team, impact to others, contributions to team, and maximum effort to learn
- Practice Ethical Conduct
Excellence and High Expectations
- Excellence for and by Every Student, Everyday
- Do your Best Every Time
- High Expectations leads to Mastery
- Measures of Success are Results Oriented and Student Focused
- Challenge the Status Quo and Achieve Continuous Improvement
- Be Curious, Be Flexible, Fail Fast, Iterate for Success
- Student Outcome is the Priority
- Doing what is Best for the Student
PLC - Professional Learning Community
- The Foundation for How Business is Conducted across TVUSD
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Collaboration, Commitment, and Teamwork
- Working through the Difficult - The Growth is in the Challenge
- Timely, Concise, and Readily Available
- Effective and Conscientious Listening
- Knowing where your efforts and responsibilities contribute to our mission - Knowing the “Why”
RAI - Respect, Affirmation, Inclusion
- Positive Norms that reflect our Tanque Verde Community Culture
- Acknowledge Accomplishments and Resilience
- Respect for Self, Others, the Importance of Education, of the Process, of the Leadership Team
- Compassionate Collegiality
- Humility, Sportsmanship, and Honor
The District’s Vision, Mission and Values are guiding principles and foundation for our excelling school system. In addition, the District endeavors to engage and support all students with robust enrichment programs in Art, Music, Theater, STEAM Initiatives, Extracurricular Activities and Athletics, as well as pilot programs exploring new classroom technologies and technology integrated curriculum components. Community involvement is supported and encouraged through highly active Parent-Teacher Groups, School Site Councils, High School Booster Clubs, and an active Educational Enrichment Foundation. School-community partnerships and community outreach and engagement initiatives are an ongoing District priority. The District’s commitment to supporting student achievement and to maintaining a student-focused, highly relational school community has resulted in the continued high standard of educational excellence found in the Tanque Verde Unified School District.