Superintendent News & Information
Superintendent’s Letter - State of the District 2023
Dear TVUSD Community,
Every year the Board and I update the Board Goals to ensure we continue to work on the District Vision that all students in our district will achieve academic and personal success in an ever-changing world. We achieve this vision through “effective communication, collaboration, school partnerships, and state-of-the-art facilities.”
The Board Goals are broken up into five areas: Student Achievement, Fiscal responsibility, High-Quality Professionals, School Culture AND Community Engagement. We use these goals to ensure continued progress for our students and staff members.
I am pleased to share some of the accomplishments that have been achieved toward the 2022-23 Board Goals this year, including the following:
Using a professional learning community process (PLC) for several years now, we have seen quantifiable results in increasing student achievement.
All schools are A schools.
Education Recovery Scorecard (Harvard) - TVUSD was one of only six districts statewide which experienced gains in both reading and math through the pandemic, while nationally, many districts experienced significant learning losses. Center for Education Policy Research at Harvard University
New construction has been completed at all schools, with the majority of funding coming from the state (over 75% of the funding is from the state). These facilities provide opportunities for students and staff to learn in new, state of the art facilities
Building Renewal Projects (funded by the State of Arizona) have improved learning environments in the existing school buildings.
TVUSD Salary Increases - Since 2017 increased by 34% for certified teachers and an average of 30% for all staff.
R.A.I. - Working with Mr. Jimmy Hart, the district has deepened our focus on relationships that ensure respect, affirmation and inclusion.
School Safety -
Through the recent construction projects, we have been able to increase campus security by strategically locating new buildings, fencing and lighting.
Southern Arizona School Safety Preparedness Consortium
TVUSD Faith-Based Collaboration - Now in its fifth year, the TVFBCC includes 12 area churches and over 35 faith and school leaders.
Rincon Rotary Club - The continuing collaboration with RRC has provided leadership opportunities on the RRC Vision Committee, and numerous grant opportunities for our schools through Rotary Local.
Scott Hagerman - State Board of Education
Emma Batty - U of A Professional Practice Board
Amy Cislak - Flinn Brown Fellowship
Pima County Schools Collaborative
More detailed information on the 2022-23 Board Goals may be found on our website here: https://www.tanqueverdeschools.org/visionmissiongoals
As we continue our work in the second half of the school year, we look forward to collaborating with our staff, families and community members to pave the way for continued success for our students, present and future!
All my best,
Scott Hagerman, Ed.D
Dr. Scott Hagerman, Superintendent
Office: (520) 749-5751
- Superintendent's Letter - State of the District, January 2023.docx.pdf
- Superintendent's Letter - Letter Grades, October 31, 2022.docx (1).pdf
- Letter from the Superintendent - August 1, 2022.docx.pdf
- Dr Scott Hagerman named ASA 2021 All Arizona Superintendent of the Year for Medium Districts
- Letter - Reaffirming TVUSD's Commitment to Supporting a Diverse and Inclusive School Community
- Letter from the Superintendent - December 17, 2021
- Letter from the Superintendent - October 7, 2021
- Letter from the Superintendent - August 3, 2021
- Letter from the Superintendent - February 2, 2021
- Superintendent's Letter - TVUSD Emergency Preparedness (.rtf)
- Teacher Qualification Letter
- Teacher Qualification Letter SY 2018-19
- Teacher Qualification Letter SY 2018-19 (.rtf)
- Teacher Qualification Letter (.rtf)
- Superintendent Letter - Thank you for a fantastic year! (.rtf)
- Superintendent's Letter - Information on Planned Statewide Walkout
- Superintendent's Letter - TVUSD Emergency Preparedness
- Superintendent's Letter - Important A-F Letter Grade Information
- Superintendent's Letter - Information on Planned Statewide Walkout (.rtf)
- Superintendent's Letter - Important A-F Letter Grade Information (.rtf)
- Superintendent Letter regarding DACA
- Superintendent Letter - Thank you for a fantastic year!
- Superintendent Letter regarding DACA
- Superintendent Letter - All TVUSD Schools are Back in Full Swing
- Superintendent Letter - All TVUSD Schools are Back in Full Swing (.rtf)
- School Bell Schedule Changes 2017-18 School Year
- Prop 123 Spending Update
- School Bell Schedule Changes 2017-18 School Year (.rtf)
- Public School Drinking Water Lead Screening Program
- Public School Drinking Water Lead Screening Program (.rtf)
- Letter from the Superintendent - July 23, 2020 (.rtf)
- Prop 123 Spending Update (.rtf)
- New A-F School Accountability Plan
- Letter from the Superintendent - September 25, 2020
- Letter from the Superintendent - October 20, 2020
- Letter from the Superintendent - September 25, 2020 (.rtf)
- Letter from the Superintendent - July 23, 2020
- 2019-20 Welcome Back Letter
- Letter from the Superintendent - October 20, 2020 (.rtf)
- Finalizing A-F System ASBE Press Release(.rtf)
- Finalizing A-F System ASBE Press Release
- Clarification on Az SBE Common Core Vote (.rtf)
- ADEQ Public School Drinking Water Test Results
- Basic A-F Information
- ADEQ Public School Drinking Water Test Results (.rtf)
- A-F System FAQ's
- A-F System FAQ's.rtf