The TVUSD Open Enrollment Application window for the 2023-24 School Year is open November 1st! Please share these important dates and information with any parents of grades PreK-12 students who are interested in applying for Open Enrollment. Space is available in all grade levels.
Find your path to success! Join our Tanque Verde Schools community! Accepting applications November 1, 2022 to January 30, 2023!
Current Year Open Enrollment Capacity
Open Enrollment Events
Open Enrollment Lottery
Open Enrollment students will be offered placement subject to capacity (school, grade level, program and/or services).
The Early Bird Open Enrollment Lottery Application Window for SY 23-24 will open November 1, 2022. The deadline for submitting applications is January 30th, 2023 at midnight.
- If an application is received after January 30th, it will still be accepted and the student will be considered if an opening becomes available.
- If the number of applications exceeds capacity limitations, a random Early Bird Lottery selection will be made on January 31, 2023.
- Selections will be based on the enrollment priorities set out in Governing Board Policy JFB - Open Enrollment.
- Families who have been selected for Open Enrollment will be notified February 1 - 3, 2023.
- Applications received after the January 30th deadline will not be included in the random lottery selection process; however, placement may still be offered.
- An Open Enrollment Waiting List is maintained for each school.
Students who are currently enrolled, and attending Tanque Verde Schools through Open Enrollment, do not need to reapply for open enrollment here! Continuing Open Enrollment Applications will be made available to you from your school.
ARE YOU READY TO APPLY?!
Some documentation may be required for your student’s application. Before starting the application process, please review the documents list below, and collect what is applicable:
- Current report card (only for students entering 9th grade)
- Current transcript (only for students entering 10th-12th grade)
- Most recent Individualized Education Program (If the student has an IEP, it must be provided in its entirety.)
- Most recent 504 Plan (If the student has a 504, it must be provided in its entirety.)
- Most recent Special Education Evaluation (If the student has one, it must be provided in its entirety. Referred to on your documents as an MET.)
- If you have questions regarding the required documentation for Special Education please call Student Services at 749-5751 ext. 4202.
Additional Open Enrollment Information:
- Open Enrollment admission is determined on a year-to-year basis.
- There is no guarantee of continued Open Enrollment placement; students are subject to school, grade level, service capacity and program limitations.
- The transportation of an open enrollment student is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian may be able to use existing TVUSD transportation routes, subject to restrictions and limitations set out in Governing Board Policy JFB - Open Enrollment.
- Students are required to remain in compliance with all TVUSD Open Enrollment standards and policies.
Once an application is submitted, an email confirmation will be sent to the address provided. If you do not receive an email confirmation within 15 minutes, please call Susan Monroe at 520-749-5751 x4105 to confirm the application was received.